The numbness, the pain, the fear, the expansion. Such are the waves that made us.
Life is a dance. This dance is meant to remind us of the joy once again, before we come back to our selves. What we perceive as good or bad is ultimately the journey that helps us become aware of our own power and of our own making and the miracle of it. We are the circles and spirals of the expansion itself. There will be moments in which we will feel overwhelmed by this dance. And that is OK. We can always return home.
A few things I do that help return to myself:
1. Take a few deep breaths. breathing is the first exchange between the worlds we contain and the ones that contain us. It’s the way we make space for the new and the future, the way we are reminded of the constant transformation of all energy levels.
2. Stretch. We have the amazing ability of speaking with our bodies, of communicating our intention through our actions and directions we take. Accumulating tension is inherent to life, so moving our bodies helps decompress and redistribute any tension build ups.
3. Remember I am never alone, that the the best way to sync with the Universe is to trust it. What created us is also within ourselves. It never leaves us, it’s always waiting for us to remember it.
4. Make tea. Water is magic. The power of plants is magnified when coupled with the magic of water and warmth, cleansing and helping the body to release any debris caused by the intake of various forms of energy around us every day.
5. Search for reasons to laugh. Laughter is in some cultures a medicine in itself, as it reminds of of our true nature and purpose, which is not struggle, but joy.
6. Look at images of things I like. The sooner you intentionally you connect yourself to the sources of positive energy and aspects of life, the quicker you’ll realize how lucky, blessed and loved you are. Focusing on what calls to you on a deeper level will keep you grounded and centered on the path of true joy. On that path you will always feel at home, even if you find yourself in places you’ve never been before.
7. Listen to chill out music. Music is the language of the soul that needs no words, only vibration. Meet yourself again in that space.
8. Write things down. Mirroring your thoughts on paper or a similar outlet is a way of releasing and bringing light into situations which the mind can’t find the purpose of yet. Writing is a form of taking action, and action is when you couple your heart, your intuitive center and your mind, all in one direction, which transmutes energy and builds the invisible structure for the future you will take part in.
9. Create, paint, draw. Communicating with mediums that speak even louder than words is one of the most powerful tools we have in this realm, we become vessels for spirit to express itself and we tell stories that can convey the past, present and future in one image.
10. Cook. Cooking our own food is a way of self care, a signal to the body that we are present within and that we give ourselves the time and space for refueling and internal nurturing, both crucial for our well being. It’s a magic ceremony in which we tune in with the elements of mother nature and her gifts. It’s sacred. It’s hugely trans-formative.
Time is not real. The separation between hours and numbers was made by us, so we can have some sense of control, also to make timing between each other easier. Sometimes we think we actually make things happen on time. Like there wasn’t a divine order already in place for us.
The day never rushes through us, we are rushing through it. The day just is. Giving it time is allowing ourselves not to run anymore.
Slow down. It’s OK. It’s winter.
We will always be here. Just not in the same form. We will change into more love, into more grace.
1. I have to put my body and myself first, without expecting permission from anybody, or validation. My body holds eternal wisdom.
2. My soul’s work is to remind people to take better care of themselves, starting with their bodies. That is what I’m learning every day, that is what I am giving back to the world.
3. Not to be hard on myself, there is no justification for that, it’s fear based only; an illusion based strategy. It was always meant to dissipate.
4. Leave more room for life and then go live more.
5. Let my purpose surface more.
6. Everything that happens, happens for me and shows me more clearly what I want and don’t want. It’s the natural unfolding of the path. There are no mistakes, there is only becoming.
7. As long as I remember the light in me, no amount of darkness can disrupt it. Everything that meets this light is enveloped by it, it’s only fear that contradicts this.
8. Distrust is not of God.
9. I must end the relationship with struggle. She is not my friend.
10. There are other ways besides that of struggle and wrestling things to the ground.
12. God is everywhere. He is everywhere I have been and everywhere I am going. We are all magic. All the time. And we are running out of excuses to deny that.
13. The choice to vibrate on the frequency of positive outcomes and true solutions implies the choice of not vibrating on the frequency of the unwanted. That choice belongs to me at all times.
14. God has no judgement. God has only joy and love. God simply is. It is us who fall into the illusion based patterns, where we forget this and suffer consequently. We are the ones who judge in separation. We are the ones using our brains for our hearts. The more we use them together, as we should, the smoother life’s journey gets.
15. There is no real gain in being ruthless to myself. I now know I got this pattern from the outside world and learned that I can choose to release it.
17. You cannot condition God.
18. Trust is a form of quantum magic, it bends time and space and everything in between.
19. When I focus on the positive, and let all else fall away, the positive always comes closer.
20. When you’ve cleared the negative patterning in your inner world, the outside negative patterning of the world has nothing to cling on to.
Thank you for following this blog!
black, blur, circle, clair obscur, contemplation, cycle, dark, death, depressed, double, down, figure, flow, focus, glass, gold, human, interior, life, light, meditative state, mistery, moment, mood, morning, open, pattern, processing, reflection, room, rumination, shadow, sharp, silhouette, table, under, window
There is gold in the shadows.
afectiv, ajutor, alinare, apă, calm, Colectiv, coplesitor, elemente, emotional, energie, foc, fragilitate, incendiu, liniste, negativitate, odihna, plans, pozitiv, proces, procesare, protectie, psihologic, rațional, respiraţie, siguranta, suflet, tapping, uman, viață, vindecare, yoga
Primele 4 sau 5 zile plângi imediat după ce te trezeşti. Apoi, pentru încă vreo două, trei zile, te apucă un pic mai târziu, cam după ce bei prima gură de cafea. Apoi începe să se instaleze în profunzimea fiinţei tale, realizarea că acel lucru chiar s-a întâmplat, şi că aşa va rămâne, şi că nu poţi să mai faci nimic pentru cei suferinzi… Apoi plângi spontan, pe unde te apucă, în autobuz cand te îndrepţi spre casă… pentru că eşti dintr-o dată foarte aproape de propria fragilitate umană, care ne defineşte pe toţi, fără omisiune, şi pentru că acel sentiment de neputinţă şi-a întins tentaculele prin existenţa ta şi probabil nu va mai dispărea.
Aceste rânduri vin probabil prea devreme pentru unii, prea târziu pentru alţii, sau fix la timp.
În ordine complet aleatorie:
1. hrăneşte-ţi sufletul cu ceea ce îţi cere, orice ar fi acele lucruri – imagini, locuri, oameni, natură, muzică, mâncăruri preferate, etc.;
2. aminteşte-ţi că ai dreptul să fii în siguranţă, sufleteşte, dacă ceva pare prea greu, nu face acel lucru acum, dacă te găseşti din întâmplare în mijlocul unei conversaţii neplăcute, poţi pleca oricând;
3. stai departe de energii negative, răzbunătoare, haotice;
4. încearcă să fii aproape de apă – râu, fântână, lac, mare. Apa este elementul cu cea mai mare putere de vindecare, foloseşte-te de ea;
5. dă-ţi răgaz de odihnă;
6. fă loc sentimentelor şi emoţiilor, procesarea lor cere timp, nu le nega; dacă nu le acorzi importanţă acum, ele îţi vor sabota cel mai probabil viitorul, într-o formă sau alta;
7. dacă te ajută, retrage-te într-un loc cu linişte completă;
10. consolează-i pe cei ce au nevoie;
11. bea multă apă şi băuturi calde (ne-alcoolice; alcoolul nu ajută, doar lasă impresia asta);
12. închide toate sursele de ştiri negative;
13. vorbeşte cu cineva dacă simţi că te ajută;
14. închide-ţi telefonul;
15. foloseşte tehnica tapping-ului, pentru a permite deblocarea şi drenarea energetică a organismului;
16. fă yoga de complexitate uşoară spre medie, pentru reechilibrare fizică şi energetică;
17. când simţi că eşti pregătit, oferă ajutor de orice fel celor ce au nevoie;
18. evită mâncărurile grele şi supraprocesate;
19. nu te grăbi;
20. amână unele lucruri, dacă nu te simţi în stare să le faci;
21. când te simţi copleşit, adu-ţi aminte să respiri adânc;
22. pune-ţi gândurile pe hârtie;
23. vizualizează un câmp de energie protectoare în jurul tău şi al celorlalţi;
24. cere ajutor când ai nevoie;
25. încearcă să înlocuieşti sentimentul de vinovăţie că eşti printre cei rămaşi în viaţă, cu sentimentul de recunoştintă şi apreciere pentru viaţă;
26. nu fii (prea) dur cu tine, dacă în aceste momente nu te poţi concentra ca de obicei; e ok să uiţi, e ok să nu fii raţional sau productiv. E ok să nu ştii ce să faci acum;
27. foloseşte-te de plante ce susţin procesul de vindecare, precum salvia, muşeţelul, iasomia, teiul, etc.
breathing, cells, Colectiv, comfort, coping, cry, death, deep, EFT, emotions, feelings, fire, frailty, gratitude, grief, grieving, guilt, harsh, healing, help, human, life, logic, meditation, pray, process, release, rest, soothe, soul, tapping, therapy, vulnerability, water
You cry for the first 4 or 5 days, first thing in the morning, when you wake up. Then you cry for a few more, at the first sip of coffee… Then it starts to sink in deep, and crawls down through your cells, like a heavy liquid metal… the notion that it actually happened, and it will stay that way, and there’s nothing you can do for those who suffered or are still suffering… Then you cry spontaneously, for no apparent reason, in the middle of a crowd, or on a bus on your way home… because you are now much closer to that feeling of vulnerability than you ever been, and because that feeling of not being able to do something about it then will stay with you for a long time, probably for ever.
This might be early for some, or late, or right on time.
in no logic order whatsoever:
2. remember you have the right to be safe, if anything looks too hard, don’t do it, if a conversation is unpleasant, leave the room;
3. stay away from harsh, vengeful, chaotic energy;
4. try to be near the water if possible, swim. Water is the principal element for healing, use it’s powers;
6. allow space for your feelings, whatever they might be now;
7. sit in silence for a while;
10. comfort others if you have that possibility;
11. drink plenty of water and warm beverages (non alcoholic; “it” really does not help, it just looks like it does);
12. turn off any source of negative news;
13. talk to someone if you feel the need to;
14. turn off your phone when you need to;
15. use tapping techniques to allow any built up energy blocks to move and be released out of your body;
16. do yoga to re-balance your physical body and your energy body;
17. when you’re ready, go offer some form of help to those affected by the tragic events if you can;
18. eat lean;
19. allow yourself not to rush through your day;
20. cancel plans if you feel you’re not up for them;
21. whenever you feel overwhelmed, focus on your breath and try to breathe fully;
22. journal, write down everything that goes through your mind;
23. visualize a protective and healing energy field around yourself and the others;
24. remember it’s ok to ask for help;
25. replace guilt for being among the living with gratitude for all life;
26. don’t be too hard on yourself if you don’t have it together in these times, it’s ok to forget, misplace, misspell, or misunderstand things. It’s ok not to have a plan;
27. use any of these: sage, chamomile, jasmine, tiliae, or any other plant you know helps you.
administrativ, afacere, apă, business, care, clar, clarity, Colectiv club, constructie, doliu, extinctor, fail, fire, fire extinguisher, foc, grieve, healing, humanity, incendiu, matters, monstrii, mourning, oameni, one way out, pace, pasare, peace, people, profit, public, raspundere, responsibility, RIP, safety, siguranta, sistem, somnul umanismului, soul, tragedie, tragedy, vindecare, water
Aveau nevoie de apă
(sau de mai multe extinctoare).
Dar înainte de asta, aveau nevoie de păsarea cuiva. Cuiva trebuia să îi pese de ce se întâmplă într-un spaţiu în care încăpeau 500 de oameni, şi care avea o singură ieşire. Cuiva trebuia să îi pese de calitatea materialelor folosite la renovarea şi izolarea acelui spaţiu. Funcţionarea unui spaţiu public în asemenea condiţii spune multe despre un sistem administrativ. Cuiva, cumva, i-a scăpat sensul simţului răspunderii. Răspunderea, nu doar pentru profit; răspunderea pentru siguranţa oamenilor. Există business fără oameni? Ce-ar fi dacă ne-ar păsa de oameni, un pic mai mult decât de profit?
Au murit pentru ca cei rămaşi să poată vedea mai clar. Doar că acum toţi ne dorim să fi văzut mai clar, înainte…
Odihnească-se în pace. Putere şi lumină celor care se luptă pentru vieţile lor, şi celor ce au rămas în urmă, să ajute şi să plângă.
They needed water
(or a few fire extinguishers more).
But before that, they needed humanity. The care for what happens in a space that fits 500 people, and has only one way out. The care for appropriate materials in such space. What good is pile of bureaucratic papers, when it leaves room for tragedy? The understanding of responsibility. Not just for business, but for people. There is no business without people. Why don’t we care for them first? You know, before caring for profit.
They died so we can see more clearly. And now we all wish we knew what we know now, before.
Rest in peace. Healing light to those struggling for their lives, and to those who remain to care and grieve.
1960, 60's, ad, airplanes, America, art, binge drinking, booze, cars, contest, dishes, Don Draper, drama, I'm A Man, love, Mad Men, pink, poster, retro, Romance, self portrait, social norms, talenthouse, The Spencer Davis Group, tv show, U.S.A, vice, Women
So, Talenthouse gave me a heads up about this contest a while ago, and after life throwing at me way too many things for the past two weeks, I finally got a chance to work on this poster. Dishes still piling up, but sometimes in life you just have to go with the more important things.
It’s my second contest on Talenthouse this year, and I’m very excited, since this one is Mad Men related, which is my favorite TV show. We’re supposed to do a 60’s inspired music song poster, based on one song, from the Mad Men’s soundtrack. The irony of posting this after my last post, right?
I wasn’t sure what element to base my submission on, booze, women, cars or airplanes. Finally I went with women. Since I didn’t have much time (this was the last day for submitting it) I chose an old self portrait of my own, and made it as 60’s-ish as possible… I think the hair works well with the theme. That was the reason I took pictures that day in the first place. Never knew it will come in handy one day. Not that I’m not a bit narcissistic too.
Although binge drinking (and smoking) is the go to vice of the era, I still think the main ingredient that made this show so good was the way it captured human behavior, especially human interactions, how the characters tried to follow the social norms of that time, each time ending up completely disregarding them, while at the same time trying to find themselves.
I tried telling a story of two people, a moment in a romance, when maybe a bit of drama starts to unfold, usually from small reasons, but mostly because we don’t want the same things at the same time. We Draper fans know all about that type of love dynamic, don’t we?
Tried to follow the up beat of the song too though, with the lines and color scheme… Hope I’ve managed to design a somewhat working time machine, although being in America in the 60’s is familiar to me through the lenses of Mad Men only.
Hope you enjoy my submission, you can see the whole poster here.
Please, feel free to listen to the song and tell me what you think in the comments.
acting, actors, addict, addiction, art, artists, black and white, characters, drawing, entertainment, fear, field, future, habits, manifesting, mundane, patterns, society, spectacle, stars, stripes, subconscious, vicarious, watercolors
Sometimes, I think that the reason we are so addicted to entertainment and its stars is because we subconsciously know that we each poses a spectacle inside, but are too afraid to manifest it. They do what we think we can’t. They are what we don’t know how to be yet. So we sit and watch as we identify ourselves with the characters portrayed, and we vicariously live for a moment, as they do it for us.
But someday that will be us. Someday, we will know how to, and we won’t need to be entertained anymore.